GoToManage. GoToManage. GoToManage.
On the heels of releasing new GoToWebinar pricing in late February, Citrix also launched GoToManage, via the acquisition of Paglo, an IT management SaaS company focused on remote monitoring, administration and support of IT assets. Some of the featured capabilities of GoToManage include inventory tracking, log search, network management, server monitoring, virtualization monitoring, patch management, asset discovery, and remote monitoring.Main Components:
- Crawler: application searches network and catalogues in real-time all hardware specs, installed software, and system performance data for devices attached to the network.
- Search: search engine that allows users to search data collected by Crawler (event logs, system health, status information.)
- UI: main interface for users allows users to view customize their accounts.
- Packetyzer: windows-based program that allows users to analyze network packet content and traffic.
- RogueScanner: application that identifies and removes unwanted devices that are connected to a customer's network.
- Crawler and network management tools are free.
- Charges customers for access to collected data which resides in Paglo cloud.
- Pre-Citrix acquisition, Paglo has tiered (100, 200, 300) pricing based on number of devices connected to the network. (EX: 50 devices = 100 device tier. 205 devices = 300 tier.)
- Average cost for each device per month = $1.
- Computer Associates
- Microsoft SMS
- Symantec: Altiris
- BMC Software
- Cisco/WebEx Systems Management
- Packet Trap