If you are a non-profit organization, you need to get connected with TechSoup.org which provides information, resources and support for any technology need or requirement. TechSoup helps non-profits leverage technology to execute their goals and objectives. If you need consultation, a trusted advisor or an experienced organization that works specifically with non-profits on technology projects, contact TechSoup.org!!!
- $1.1B in savings for non-profits since 2002
- $312M retail value of technology products donations distributed
- $296M potential savings for social benefit organizations
- 901,000 technology distributed to sector
- 35 Techsoup global donor partners: Microsoft, Cisco Systems, Symantec, Adobe, Intuit
- 155,000 documents downloaded
- 45,000 organizations receiving technology product donations
- TechSoup Global Network serves more than 19 countries and will reach 60 countries by 2012
- 400,000 unique monthly visitors to TechSoup website
- 25% overall traffic to TechSoup from outside the US
- 115,000 monthly TechSoup online forum visitor sessions
Cisco Systems and TechSoup Case Study:
In 1998, Cisco created its Product Donation Program and partnered with TechSoup to help Cisco deliver new and refurbished networking equipment, such as, routers, switches, and firewalls to non-profits.
Recipients of Cisco product donations reported the following benefits:
- 76% saw a significant in networking performance
- The number of non-profits rating their network reliability "great" grew from 25% to 75%
- The savings in operational costs averaged 7%
"The partnership with TechSoup Global has enabled Cisco to donate to as many organizations per month as we previously donated to in one year." Robert Deustch, Sr. Community Investment Manager, Cisco Systems.
When I caught up with Rebecca Masisak:co-CEO of TechSoup Global, here is what she had to say:
"The vast majority of nonprofits are very small, under-resourced organizations without a formal IT support department. TechSoup connects "accidental techies", technology experts, volunteers, and those working for the greater good. It's a trusted resource for everything from donated technology products to down-to-earth advice to cutting-edge social Web applications. In order to fulfill our mission, we rely on dedicated partners like Cisco Systems, (Symantec, Microsoft, and Sage), who share our aspiration to ensure that every social benefit organization on the planet has the resources they need to further their own missions."
It's safe to say that if you are a nonprofit in need of technical advice or consultation, contact TechSoup. Overall, TechSoup is an impressive organization with impressive stats, technology partners, and is truly doing what it can to change the way nonprofits do business.